Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Late Night Music Part 30....................."Great Song, Too Bad the Rest of Your Songs Suck!"

We've all done it- say we're going to try to get into an artist just to find out that all their other songs (besides the one we heard on the radio) absolutely suck. Tonight, we pay homage to these kings of suckage in the music world that make us scratch our head and wonder how they got so popular recording crap like that. In order to qualify for this list, you had to NOT be a "one hit wonder" (you had to have at least a few songs that are recognizable in your particular genre). I am sure I'll get some negative feedback on this list, but oh well, sue me.

Also receiving votes in this category was "Why I'm Here" by Oleander, any 1990's R&B knock off groups I forgot to mention here, "Must Be Doing Something Right" by Billy Currington (saved because of the great karaoke quality of the song), and "Ain't I" by Yung LA.

Kanye West- "Can't Tell Me Nothing". Call him whatever you want, you can call him a "mastermind" or a "genius" all you want, but you're still gonna be called a fool by me. Kanye West is overrated and is a complete asshole. I can think of 15 rappers off the top of my head who are better and are better people, and won't make assanine statements about the President of the United States that are completely false like they know what's going on. They also won't completely make a fool out of themselves on the show "Punk'd". (If you ask me, that show really shows a person's true colors). With that being said, Kanye has a diamond in the rough with this song which is also included on "The Hangover" soundtrack, which really adds to the film when the quartet first arrives in Vegas. Good lord I hate Kanye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E58qLXBfLrs

Bruce Springsteen- "Glory Days". Another severely overrated singer in my opinion. I HATE watching Johnny Van Zandt in his videos almost as much as I hate listening to Bruce Springsteen sing. His songwriting sucks, he's a terrible singer, and his songs are simple from a musical perspective. However, I love this song as a cover song played by bands, and the video gets THOUSANDS of bonus points for Max Weinberg's hair- if you didn't know that was him, you would have no idea that was him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM

No Doubt- "New". Another band I have never been really fond of. I think I used to act like I liked them just because the girls I wanted to talk to liked them, but Gwen Stefani comes off as a severely deranged individual, and I can't see how all these guys can call her sexy. What is sexy about her? The fact that she looks trashy and slutty? Oh well, to each his own. However, great song here that was first included on the "Go" soundtrack, and later on their album "Return of Saturn". Still, without a doubt, their best song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtStjGHttGM

Neil Diamond- "Sweet Caroline". Self explanatory- I never got why Irene on "The Real World: Seattle" was so obsessed with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmV_YJm5jAc

Pink- "Please Don't Leave Me". I think part of me is really attracted to Pink, but at the same time, she's so depressing I find it hard to take her seriously. Her "Behind the Music" that was on VH1 recently, was actually pretty good until it wasted 45 minutes talking about her on and off again boyfriend/husband Carey Hart. She's actually a pretty talented person, but I guess I get sick of her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eocCPDxKq1o

Nickelback- "Saving Me". Guilty pleasure guys, can't help it. However, VERY VERY powerful video. Rest assured, you will never ever hear me say anything else positive about Nickelback. I have never met a single person who met these guys who has said anything positive about them. Worst band in music if you seriously want my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPc-o-4Nsbk

Lyfe Jennings- "Must Be Nice". I wanted to like Lyfe Jennings- seriously. When it was announced he was coming to "Groovin' on the Grounds" at LSU in 2006, I seriously thought it would be great. I love his genre, and I loved this song. However, I have never been more let down on a live performance in my life. His songs are hard to understand, monotonous, and he has NO SOUL at all- he is an embarassment to the neo soul community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkpN3uiZ-Ew

Ideal- "Get Gone". The ultimate 1990's R&B knock off group. These guys tried to be 112, Boyz II Men, Blackstreet, Dru Hill, Ruff Endz, Jagged Edge, Az Yet, and Shai all rolled into one and it seriously doesn't work. These guys always seemed like they were singing someone else's song. I do like this one though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPCsH6XiZ_I

Savage Garden- "I Knew I Loved You". Why couldn't these Aussies have stayed with more songs like this instead of trying to make ballads out of "Two Beds and a Coffee Machine" (actual song title). I never got what was so catchy about these guys. I realize they are big in their home country, but their overwhelming amount of radio play in the United States has been painful to the ear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjnmICxvoVY
hot- in a weird kinda way
ladies and gentlemen, the most overrated man in music
the worst band in music.........PERIOD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Traffic Counter
Macys.com Coupons