Friday, July 28, 2006

Lance Bass- The Next Michael Jackson, or Just Another Regular Ol' Queer?

What a great example set by my fellow Mississippian, Lance Bass- be gay with another celebrity!. I think it's even more hilarious that my cousin Taylor once said "Lance Bass looks like Ellen Degeneres.". You always figure at least one guy in a boy band is gay, but I was really thinking that JC or Justin would have been the culprit in N*Sync. I always had respect for Lance for claiming Mississippi as his home and being very vocal about that, and even owning a home in the Jackson area. However, I can't figure out what a man with SEVERAL thousand women at his feet could possibly be thinking to come out of the closet as a homosexual. Something else though is that I understand if someone wants to be gay, I mean, it's a free country, but WHY WOULD YOU WANNA BE GAY WITH ANOTHER CELEBRITY? I mean now everyone in the world is gonna have mental pictures of Lance and the guy from The Amazing Race together in some not so public moments, and every interview he gives for the next 5 years is gonna be about that, and is gonna take away from anything N*Sync was planning as a reunion. They also took it to another level in recently being seen wearing each other's clothes. So, even if Lance wasn't out of the closet, this action would automatically qualify him as gay on the spot. However, I think there's one question that everyone asks themselves about every person when they first come out of the closet- "is he gonna be a "cool" gay person or like Michael Jackson freak-me-out gay?". With the early "wearing my boyfriends clothes" incident, I am afraid that Lance could take an Elton Johnesque turn toward queerdom that is seldom matched, even by the fab five of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Well, the good news on that would be that Mississippi wouldn't be last in something, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Traffic Counter
Macys.com Coupons