Friday, October 09, 2009

Late Night Music Part 16..........."Don't Fear, I'm Just A Queer"

Ok, before you get your panties in a wad, it's just a joke my gay friends. I am not homophobic in any way. Everyone has the right to their own orientation and preference...........I just like laughing about it.

When we think of our good friends from the "other team" we usually come out with some really good music- of all genres. The only thing that seems to really upset me is that I can't claim the rainbow- take one color and let me keep the rainbow for cryin' out loud! However, to qualify for this list you had to A- have an ENTIRE group of homosexuals or have a gay lead singer if it is a band (this would disqualify N'Sync) B- be confirmed publicly "out of the closet" (this would disqualify N'Sync). C- You did not have to be gay at the time of the recording, but if you met any of the previous 2 qualifications you would qualify. Also receiving votes in this category were "Constant Craving" by K.D. Lang, "Insatiable" by Darren Hayes, "Relax" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood, "West End Girls" by The Pet Shop Boys, "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell. NOT receiving votes in this category is ANYTHING by Adam Lambert.

Janis Ian- "Tea and Sympathy". I apologize for the video, as it has nothing to do with this song about the widow of a fallen soldier as she reminisces about their life together and is upset about him not coming home. However, Janis Ian has always been a great singer who has flown under the radar in many perspectives. Besides being a lesbian, I might also add that she is almost like "Pat" from SNL in the fact I don't if she's black or white. Seriously, look at some of her album covers from the 70's and look at her now. Never thought she was very attractive, but man I love her voice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmHXRJMxYCQ

Melissa Etheridge- "Come To My Window". I love this song- in fact, while I've sang it, it's a very good karaoke song, as Etheridge is a seriously underrated guitar player. The beginning of this video is rather weird to me, because for some reason I really thought that was actually Melissa instead of an anonymous actress. Like most of her videos of the mid 90's, this one is really weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej8H926Hmaw

Culture Club- "I'll Tumble For Ya". To me, still their best song- LOVE THE BRASS PART! Also, if you could have a "gay scale" of 1 to 10, Boy George would be maybe a 400. Seriously, look at the guy, I mean there's gay, and then there's ridiculous. However, be careful, Boy George just might really "tumble" for ya if ya know what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvwUKm1xY-U

4 Non Blondes- "What's Up". Linda Perry, in a really weird twisted way, is VERY sexy to me. However, I would never have a chance because I have the wrong "equipment" and I'm on the wrong "team". So until my luck changes, I'll just enjoy singing the lead for this one hit wonder band that became an international sensation in 1994.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXcQGsoDkDk

Village People- "Macho Man". No words, just watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO43p2Wqc08

Elton John- "Benny and the Jets". The queen diva himself in this compilation clip of him with the Muppets in 1973 pretty much sums up his flamboyantly gay persona of the 70's which is a far cry from his demeanor now. Remember how I said I like laughing at it- this is one of those times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0WCQadt864

Dave Koz- "Don't Look Back". Dave Koz is not only gay, he's Jewish- hey nobody's perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVSZC3O75G0&feature=related

George Michael- "Faith". Again, I really don't have to say much- it was always suspect, but we really knew all along......right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSvHpvHFXU0

Clay Aiken- "Without You". This live performance from "The View" is really good, and as much as I loathe American Idol, Clay Aiken has a phenomenal voice. However, he is quite strange and I really don't get some of the stuff he says. So, while you're trying to figure it all out, check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eXHx7jsGt4&feature=related

Bonus Video- I'm sorry, but I had to put Aiken's appearance on American Idol in 2006. I don't know who this poor kid is, but the fact that he's going that crazy over being on stage with Clay Aiken might make him a candidate for this list as well. Best part of this video........Ryan Seacrest "are you ok?". Well, Ryan, after seeing that- the answer would be no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52BUS6jJz-8
You make the call
?
I do want some of the colors back, but it's just a joke!

2 Comments:

Blogger Minnie said...

Clay Aiken does indeed have a phenomenal voice. But I don't know why you think he's strange. He seems like a perfectly normal person to me, except of course for his voice. And what does he say that you don't get? Have your read his book, "Learning to Sing." It's very good. I'd love to know what you mean.

8:58 AM  
Blogger zhandra said...

Macho Macho maaaaaaan

that doesn't exactly describe Clay Aiken, but 'strange' does

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Traffic Counter
Macys.com Coupons