Saturday, July 15, 2006

Random Movie Review- #7 "The Matrix"


Honestly, I forgot how freaking awesome this movie is. I mean seriously, there are four things that makes this movies just freaking unreal: 1- the fact that it makes you think the whole time you're watching, 2- the fact that Keanu Reeves and Laurence Fishburne can beat the hell out of anyone at anytime, 3- the great quotes "Welcome to the real world", "and that, Mr. Anderson, is the sound of inevitability" among others, and 4- the absolutely ridiculous awesome visual effects. However, there are two things that keep this movie from being in the top five. The fact that Keanu Reeves is the lead role of Neo is very disheartening. Reeves has been a very fine actor in other movies that are more fit for a actor with his skill. The whole time I watch this movie still I'm waiting for him to go "WILD STALLYNS!". Also, the fact that the movie was made as part of a trilogy. Cool concept, yes, but the original movie starts off very thick and detailed, which is cool. The first time I saw The Matrix I was thinking there could be so many twists it was ridiculous. The first few scenes along with Neo figuring out who Morpheus is is really thick. However, starting with Joe Pataliano "Cypher" turning on the crew and trying to have the whole crew killed and the mainframe codes to Zion's computer turned over so he can be reinserted into the matrix. Leading up to this, it could have gone any direction, but then, the producers decided they want to get the movie over with in under two hours, so the whole thing just flies by. Granted, in the last scenes, maybe the coolest gun scene, special effects scene, and fatality scenes take place, which makes it ok I guess. I really wish that #31 Matrix:Reloaded and #26 Matrix:Revolutions would have been combined into one "storyline" instead of having two storylines. If these movies would have been combined into just telling the story of Neo and not jumping into all these other subplots that consequently take place, we might have been talking about The Matrix Trilogy as maybe the greatest trilogy in movie history. Anyway, my rant is over. Take away all the negative things I just said and you have one kick ass movie. The fact that the movie (with the exception of the whole "agent" concept) is very believable is mind boggling to me. I mean seriously, after I saw the movie the first time, I was seriously wondering when I was gonna wake up and find myself in the matrix field like Neo did. Also, the concept in the movie is one of the coolest ever. It just offers the truth, nothing more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Traffic Counter
Macys.com Coupons