Thursday, July 06, 2006

Goodbye, Baton Rouge

Well I knew this day would come, I just really wanted it to not happen. Being the sentimental person I am, I get attached to people and routines way too easily, and honestly, it still hasn't hit me that I don't work at LSU anymore. LSU kinda creates the attitude and atmosphere of a family and it's something you almost get addicted to. I've said this a million times, and I know most people don't believe it's true, but I really WAS NOT gonna even apply for intramural graduate assistant job at LSU just because I figured it was out of my league. I mean, I grew up pulling for LSU and following Dale Brown's career as well as LSU football. LSU was something that I saw as out of my reach and somewhat of an "unattainable dream". I guess anything's possible. It's amazing how a person can come to a place and be lost, stupid, ignorant, and completely hateable and leave a recreation professional at a fast growing program in a great part of the country. It's almost like I won the #1 pick in the NFL draft and picked Reggie Bush AND Matt Leinart with the same pick. It's amazing that while I was upset about so many things and seemingly constantly frustrated, that all I can do is look back and be happy because if I really look back, the best thing to do is not to look at the stuff that I didn't have, but look at what I experienced and the people I met, like Eric Eskew (pictured here in my last picture taken in Baton Rouge) . (Disclaimer- 1- I was really sweaty from playing capture the flag on the clock 2- Scott Belanger just WANTS to make me look gay) and so many other people who were weird and special in their own way. Oddly enough, I can't think of any one memory that stands out more than any others. I think I'll always remember just being around everyone and enjoying not only working there, but enjoying LIFE. Not only did I grow up alot in Baton Rouge, I LIVED a whole damn life it seems like. I really feel like I grew up alot in just those two years, and now at Austin Peay I already feel more mature and more knowledgeable just from my experience at LSU. Hell, I even miss the food. Strangely enough, I'm at a loss for words. I am just thankful the staff didn't call upon me to make a speech on my last day for one, because I was watching the cnnsi.com cupcast of the aforementioned USA-Ghana soccer game during that staff meeting and wasn't paying attention, but I think if Tamara Jarrett would have been there I would have been giving something like an Oscar acceptance speech. Goodbye, Baton Rouge, it was a long two years, but no one died, and we survived. Thanks to everyone for everything, if that's possible. 5A all the way, geaux tigers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Traffic Counter
Macys.com Coupons