Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Dwyane Wade Dominates

I'm not gonna jump on the bandwagon.....I promise. However, anyone with half of a basketball brain would have to admire and respect the performance of Dwyane Wade in these NBA Finals and the courage and talent he displayed beating the Mavericks in 6 games. In fact, I would even venture to say, that this was the most incredible Finals performance since Michael Jordan dismantling of the Jazz in 1998, and it's really close on that one. Wade was on a team with an overaged Shaquille O'Neal, who had a solid, but certainly not stellar Finals, a hard banger in Udonis Haslem, who had the game winning shot in game 6, a ball-hogging overrated forward in Antoine Walker, who finally decided he wanted to share the ball for a title, and hip hop wingman in Jason Williams who also had a good series. Two other former superstars and probable hall of famers came off the bench in unconvential roles and contributed to win a championship in Gary Payton and Alonzo Mourning. The story for Mourning is even more incredible because due to his kidney disease, had some several key defensive plays in the waning minutes of game 6. I must say though, Wade STOLE THE SHOW. I mean not since Michael Jordan has a team been more predictable on who the ball was gonna go to. Still, the Mavericks couldn't stop him. I have never cared one way or the other for the Heat, I really am not too high on Pat Riley as a person despite his stellar coaching skills and as I said before, I really think Antoine Walker sucks. However, I can't tell you happy I am that Mark Cuban lost, and you know when you make as many mistakes as the Mavericks made in game 6, there's no way you can blame the game on the officials. Mark Cuban is everything that's wrong with sports and I hope he never sniffs the finals again. However, my heart does go out to Erick Dampier, the former Mississippi State Bulldog, who played a good game and had a consistent series as well as former Arizona Wildcat and Atlanta Hawk Jason Terry, I'm glad he finally get to play on a winning team. I am also happy for Gary Payton, who despite having questionable personal flaws, is still a deserving champion who's had a great career. However, I am more happy for no one more than Alonzo Mourning. One of the few professional athletes to have a major transplant surgery (actually the only other one I can think of is Bo Jackson) and come back and be competitive. He's had alot of adversity in his career, and I'm glad to see such a great person win a title. Here's to you, 'Zo.

1 Comments:

Blogger J said...

What is your problem...Sean Elliot. And you call yourself a sports fan.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Traffic Counter
Macys.com Coupons