Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Two Women that I Absolutely Adore- A Tribute to Jeanette Kennedy and Sarah George

This website would not be complete without mentioning two of the most important women to ever be in my life- Jeanette Kennedy and Sarah George. I don't think either one of them really understand how truly special they are to me. During my days at LSU, nothing was greater than seeing the smiling faces of the two lovely ladies and our conversations about music. Sarah constantly was enthralled by Brad's police codes on the radio, and got a real kick out of saying "10-10". I'll never forget the time Brad gave her the test of all the "10 codes". Yeah, she didn't pass. There was also my memorable line I retired after Sarah left for Texas in honor of her. "Hey put in Ezra, I wanna hear Ezra!". Jeanette, I'll always remember as not only my confidant, but as my babysitter. We share a truly great memory together which took place in the summer of 2005. After her picking me up at Karl Romig's party, she was so worried about me that she took me to Chili's with her friend Melissa. Being the gentleman I am, I bought both of them dinner while I drank and ate off my current state. When we got back in Melissa's rental car, I saw her bag in the backseat which simply said "HERTZ". Being in a silly mood, I uttered one of my most famous lines to date. "Hertz................................................EXACTLY!". While this was funny, Jeanette and Melissa were really taken by the hilarious laugh I let loose after I said this. I don't know where it came from, but they certainly enjoyed it. Jeanette then something along the lines of "there's no way you're driving!" and then took me home to her parents' house in Metairie to watch the movie "Raising Helen". The night was topped off by some NASCAR, but then my adventure was over- I made it back to Baton Rouge.....somehow. The pictures shown were taken at Fred's the night before Florida/LSU game in October 2005. Sarah is on the top, and Jeanette on the bottom.

Both Jeanette and Sarah have moved on to bigger and better things since the Student Recreation Center at LSU. Both in the Houston, TX area, they have moved into great real world jobs. Sarah is a technical editor for the Exxon Mobil company. Jeanette is an HR/Marketing Assistant at a oil and gas company that apparently isn't good enough to be mentioned. However, let me just put into perspective what all these wonderful ladies did to make your rec experience better. First of all, it was Sarah who made the wonderful billboards you saw all around the REC- remember? BAD- MINTON! It was Sarah who also made all the wonderful posters that offered you a smiling face when you walked in during a long day. Even if you didn't see the posters, Sarah would have smiled at you anyway. Jeanette helped with the UREC Magazine, UR Active, just because she wanted you to have the correct information- that's right, it mattered to her. Jeanette help design all the cool little things you saw all over the Rec and was a photography extraordinaire, even going so far as to be my personal photographer............once. No place else was so much talent as far as artistic ability, personality, and just pure beauty ever combined in two women more than the S and J connection. That's right, they were my girls.

On a serious note, I must add that not a day goes by that both of them don't cross my mind. I cherish the memories we had together for the rest of my life, and even if I never see them again, I will smile for the rest of my life just thinking about how lucky I was to have both of them in my life for such a confusing time for me. If I could pick two women together that I could see every morning just to make me smile, it would be the two of them, and nothing could ever change that.

I love you both so much and I would give anything to have you here with me right now, because you just make life better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Traffic Counter
Macys.com Coupons