Sunday, February 25, 2007

Dwyane Wade Suffers Possible Season Ending Injury.....Pigott's Fantasy Season Hangs in the Balance!

Seriously, Dwyane, did you have to do it while I am on a fantasy push? I watched in horror LIVE at Clarksville's Front Page Deli as Dwyane Wade severely dislocated his left shoulder in Houston at the Toyota Center against the Rockets Wednesday night. It was one of those moments where you just drop your food and go "SHIT!". The injury, which could require at least 6 weeks and season ending rehab, is more than likely ending the defending champions playoff run and more than likely taking last years' Finals MVP out of the Season MVP race for good. With the declining health of Shaquille O'Neal, I think it is best for Wade to regroup his shoulder, come back next year with a revamped team, and make a run to the playoffs with a new Heat, because I think Pat Riley has realized that this team just won't cut it- a one hit wonder if you will. I mean seriously, was I the only one who thought Alonzo Mourning looked like he was gonna die on the court last year in the Finals against Dallas? This team apart from Wade is a patchwork of walking wounded, and honestly I don't know how they stay healthy.

Howevever, let me be selfish for a minute. Eventhough I still have Chris Paul, Steve Nash, and Jason Kidd, my solidity at the PG/SG position is now rather thin. My only PURE SG I have is the improving but inconsistent Luol Deng of the Chicago Bulls. I also have the unreliable Andre Iguodola of the 76ers. If a season ending injury is the word, my only option will be to go after the Kings' Kevin Martin, who is the only consistent SG on the market. I am really glad I'm not a Heat fan, because I would completely give up on my season, because despite what anyone says, Wade is THE MOST VALUABLE PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE. Nash may be the BEST right now, but no other player in the league makes a team go as much as Wade makes the Heat go. So, take this into consideration Heat fans. Your season is over, just like my fantasy season hangs in the balance. However, if Wade sits in the playoffs, you'll hit the jackpot......a lottery pick in possibly the most talented draft class in recent memory. Also, the Heat have the option of trading Shaq or another one of its veterans to move up in the draft to draft Kevin Durant or Greg Oden. Guess who my new fantasy superstar would be then with either one of them playing with Wade?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Traffic Counter
Macys.com Coupons