Thursday, August 24, 2006

Pigott and Eskew in 20 Years, An NFL Story, Part 2

It just started out with us being hungry, and it turned into this! After leaving Clarksville upset about the Saints' futility, Eric and I decided to go back home to the great bayou state of Louisiana. However, this trip was made very long just because of Eric wanting me to show me so many "memorable places" in Memphis, I zoned him out, but it was something about a belt....anyway. We stopped by Madison on the way home to visit my parent's house, but my mother said she didn't have any food for us to eat because she actually cooks stuff and doesn't "let it sit out in the sun and go bad- because "I'm no damn cajun"." After we struck out on that front, Eric decided to take me to his grandparents house in Lake Charles because that's only place he is allowed to have sweets, because Mr. and Mrs. Eskew don't allow sweets in their house. It was while we were in Lake Charles that we stopped by and caught a McNeese State Cowboys game just so Eric could prove to me that "they announce the LSU score at McNeese games". We ate alot at this game, but our good buddy Dr. Robert Smith took care of us and had us back on our feet in no time. While driving over the Atchafalaya Basin on I-1o, Eric all of a sudden says "ya know Pigott, I'm hungry and not just any kinda hungry, I'm the kinda hungry where I'm to the point where if I don't have something to eat in the next 3 minutes, I'm kicking SOMEBODY'S ass!". At first, I thought he was eat up with the dumbass, but boy was I wrong! Being over the water, Eric said that we were going fishing. Problem is, we had no fishing equipment and no bait. However, Eric has a blue fishing shirt that he wears to make people THINK he's a fisherman, but he's no fisherman, he's a hunter. Eric quickly jumped in the swamp and quickly pulled out 4-5 with his bare hands. However, he said "aaaaawwww Pigott this ain't nothing but an appetizer!". Then we saw it.....the biggest fish either one of us had ever seen. However, before we went after it, we each took a newspaper and went out in the woods to "clear our systems" so we would have plenty of room just in case we decided to eat right away. The rest, as they say, is history. Pictured above is a picture of the giant fish wrestled that day by me and Eric. Eric is on the right and I am on the left. After eating that fish, we made our way to Baton Rouge and ate at Great Wall to top off our scrumptuous snack. After our great fishing, eating, and trip down memory lane, we had to take a break, because the best was yet to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Traffic Counter
Macys.com Coupons